Pound Cake with Cherry Chocolate Topping Recipe
Chocolate and cherries are a classic combination. Here they come together in a succulent sauce that's draped over generous slices of moist pound cake.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) pitted tart cherries, undrained
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 6 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine cherries and sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to cherries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and red food coloring if desired. Cut cake into 12 slices. For each serving, place 2 slices on an individual plate. Top with 1 tablespoon chocolate sauce and about 1/4 cup cherry sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 462 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 290mg sodium, 83g carbohydrate (60g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Pound Cake with Cherry Chocolate Topping
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC