Pound Cake with Cherry Chocolate Topping
Chocolate and cherries are a classic combination. Here they come together in a succulent sauce that's draped over generous slices of moist pound cake.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) pitted tart cherries, undrained
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 to 4 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 6 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- In a small saucepan, combine cherries and sugar. Bring to a boil,
- stirring occasionally. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth;
- add to cherries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or
- until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and red food
- coloring if desired. Cut cake into 12 slices. For each serving,
- place 2 slices on an individual plate. Top with 1 tablespoon
- chocolate sauce and about 1/4 cup cherry sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 462 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 290 mg sodium, 83 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.