Pound Cake with Cherry Chocolate Topping Recipe
Chocolate and cherries are a classic combination. Here they come together in a succulent sauce that's draped over generous slices of moist pound cake.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) pitted tart cherries, undrained
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 6 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine cherries and sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to cherries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and red food coloring if desired. Cut cake into 12 slices. For each serving, place 2 slices on an individual plate. Top with 1 tablespoon chocolate sauce and about 1/4 cup cherry sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 462 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 290 mg sodium, 83 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC