Chocolate and cherries are a classic combination. Here they come together in a succulent sauce that's draped over generous slices of moist pound cake.
Recommended: 78 Christmas Potluck Desserts for 12 or More
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) pitted tart cherries, undrained
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 6 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- In a small saucepan, combine cherries and sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to cherries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and red food coloring if desired. Cut cake into 12 slices. For each serving, place 2 slices on an individual plate. Top with 1 tablespoon chocolate sauce and about 1/4 cup cherry sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pound Cake with Cherry Chocolate Topping in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2003, p1
Reviews for Pound Cake with Cherry Chocolate Topping
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review