Pound Cake with Brandied Peach Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons brandy or apricot nectar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons peach preserves
- Dash salt
- 3 cups sliced peeled peaches (about 5 medium) or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4-1/2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 6 slices pound cake
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the water, brandy, sugar, peach preserves and salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Add peaches; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Remove peaches to a bowl; set aside. Bring sauce mixture to a boil; cook and stir until reduced to 1/2 cup.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- 4. Add reduced sauce and remaining vanilla to peaches; stir gently to combine. Serve with pound cake and whipped cream. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 346 calories, 21g fat (13g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Pound Cake with Brandied Peach Sauce
"I find this recipe is delicious, but you should be careful where you get the peaches. My family gets them from a group of Amish people who sell produce every once in a while, and they are always so good."
"The recipe sounds yummy but the cholesterol is over the top. I could use no fat cool whip but I don't thnk it would bring the count down very much...any suggestions out there?"
"I added Peach Liqueir to the sauce with a tad bit of cornstarch for thickener. I also doubled the recipe. We loved it Thanks"
"I would indeed make the peach sauce again, as it is delicious. I would prefer to serve it over ice cream though, as my family does not like pound cake, which is kind of sad."