Pound Cake with Brandied Peach Sauce Recipe
This peach sauce is so quick and elegant, you'll want to serve it over pound cake, shortcake, ice cream, waffles and whatever your palate desires. —Suzy Horvath, Sheridan, Oregon
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons brandy or apricot nectar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons peach preserves
- Dash salt
- 3 cups sliced peeled peaches (about 5 medium) or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4-1/2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 6 slices pound cake
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the water, brandy, sugar, peach preserves and salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Add peaches; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Remove peaches to a bowl; set aside. Bring sauce mixture to a boil; cook and stir until reduced to 1/2 cup.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- 4. Add reduced sauce and remaining vanilla to peaches; stir gently to combine. Serve with pound cake and whipped cream. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice with 1/3 cup sauce and 1/3 cup whipped cream equals 346 calories, 21 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 121 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC