Pound Cake Ring Recipe
- 1 pound butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 4 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Confectioners' sugar, fresh peaches, blackberries and mint, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine milk, lemon juice, vanilla, lemon peel and extract. Combine flour, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk mixture, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Pour 4-1/2 cups of batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. (Use the remaining batter to prepare a second pound cake.)
- 3. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°; bake 45 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar and garnish with fruit and mint if desired. Yield: 2 cakes (9 cups batter).
1 piece: 253 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Pound Cake Ring
"At the bottom of the recipe it has a link RECIPES WITH BASE MIX.I will try it today"
"This is great cake. Not quick but worth the effort. I'll never use a mix again. Search for the words "pound cake ring" and the other recipes will show up. I just divided the ingredients in half to make one cake."
"I think she meant the other listed ingredients at the bottom....peaches, blackberries, mint..etc."
"Where are the "rest" of the cake recipes for "this page/recipe"? I would love to see them and perhaps try one of them??"