Since I usually have all the ingredients on hand, this cobbler is as easy as pie to assemble. Often, I'll change the canned filling to another fruit flavor. Try raspberry, peach, apricot or my personal favorite, strawberry.—Heidi Wilcox, Lapeer, Michigan
Recommended: 30 Recipes to Make with Fresh Blueberries
- 1 frozen pound cake (10-3/4 ounces), thawed
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry or blueberry pie filling
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Cut cake into 1-in. cubes. Place in a microwave-safe 1-1/2-qt. dish or 9-in. pie plate. In a small bowl, combine the pie filling, water and extract; spoon over cake.
- Cover and microwave on high for 2-4 minutes or until heated through. Spoon onto dessert plates; garnish with whipped topping and almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pound Cake Cobbler in Country Woman September/October 2003, p39
Reviews for Pound Cake Cobbler
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review