Pound Cake Cobbler Recipe
Since I usually have all the ingredients on hand, this cobbler is as easy as pie to assemble. Often, I'll change the canned filling to another fruit flavor. Try raspberry, peach, apricot or my personal favorite, strawberry.—Heidi Wilcox, Lapeer, Michigan
- 1 frozen pound cake (10-3/4 ounces), thawed
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry or blueberry pie filling
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. Cut cake into 1-in. cubes. Place in a microwave-safe 1-1/2-qt. dish or 9-in. pie plate. In a small bowl, combine the pie filling, water and extract; spoon over cake.
- 2. Cover and microwave on high for 2-4 minutes or until heated through. Spoon onto dessert plates; garnish with whipped topping and almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 241 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 27mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Pound Cake Cobbler
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC