You won't find a real pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, but this chocolate garnish from our Test Kitchen will make any dessert look like a million bucks!
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon shortening
- 1/2 cup light green candy coating disks
- Place a sheet of waxed paper on a baking sheet; draw a 1-in. pot with a 2-in. x 1-in. rainbow coming out of the pot. Place another sheet of waxed paper over the top. Secure both to a baking sheet with tape; set aside.
- In a microwave, melt the chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Cut a hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag. Insert round tip #3 and add the melted chocolate. Pipe chocolate over outlines; chill.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating. Cut a hole in another pastry bag. Insert round tip #3 and fill with candy coating. Fill in chocolate outline. Chill until set. Use as a garnish for desserts. Yield: 16 Pots o' Gold.
Originally published as Pots o' Gold in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p193
Reviews for Pots o' Gold
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review