Pots de Creme
Looking for an easy recipe to make for your sweetheart? Served in pretty, stemmed glasses, this chocolaty custard is sure to set the mood for a special evening.—Connie Dreyfoos, Cincinnati, Ohio
5 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Dash salt
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the egg, sugar and salt. Whisk in cream.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° and
- coats the back of a metal spoon.
- Remove from the heat; whisk in chocolate chips and vanilla until
- smooth. Pour into small dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for 8
- hours or overnight. Garnish with whipped cream if desired.
- Yield: 5 servings.