Looking for an easy recipe to make for your sweetheart? Served in pretty, stemmed glasses, this chocolaty custard is sure to set the mood for a special evening.—Connie Dreyfoos, Cincinnati, Ohio
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Dash salt
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the egg, sugar and salt. Whisk in cream. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon.
- Remove from the heat; whisk in chocolate chips and vanilla until smooth. Pour into small dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Pot de Creme in Taste of Home February/March 2008, p6
Reviews for Pots de Creme
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review