- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Dash salt
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the egg, sugar and salt. Whisk in cream. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon.
- Remove from the heat; whisk in chocolate chips and vanilla until smooth. Pour into small dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Pots de Creme
Sort By :
"To My husband is the cook What does that word mean the Egg mean. I've never heard of that term before do you mean remove the ( Roosters part of the egg ) Sorry would not let me submit it with that in my review. or what would like to know. Other than that this is a wonderful dessert. Very rich and smooth. When I have company over I double the recipe."
"smooth, delicious, and ridiculously easy to prepare!"
"Delicious & simple - my two favorite things! :)"
"I was afraid the serving portion wouldn't be enough for my husband...so I doubled his. Whoops! This is sooo rich. A little bit goes a long way. :)"
"So rich, like fudge on a spoon, I get a spoon full out once a day: ) If the egg cooks, just push through a seive, or strainer."