- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Dash salt
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the egg, sugar and salt. Whisk in cream. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon.
- Remove from the heat; whisk in chocolate chips and vanilla until smooth. Pour into small dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Pots de Creme
Sort By :
smooth, delicious, and ridiculously easy to prepare!
Delicious & simple - my two favorite things! :)
I was afraid the serving portion wouldn't be enough for my husband...so I doubled his. Whoops! This is sooo rich. A little bit goes a long way. :)
So rich, like fudge on a spoon, I get a spoon full out once a day: ) If the egg cooks, just push through a seive, or strainer.
So rich, like fudge on a spoon, I get a spoon full out once a day: )