- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Dash salt
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the egg, sugar and salt. Whisk in cream. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon.
- Remove from the heat; whisk in chocolate chips and vanilla until smooth. Pour into small dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Pots de Creme
"To My husband is the cook What does that word mean the Egg mean. I've never heard of that term before do you mean remove the ( Roosters part of the egg ) Sorry would not let me submit it with that in my review. or what would like to know. Other than that this is a wonderful dessert. Very rich and smooth. When I have company over I double the recipe."
"smooth, delicious, and ridiculously easy to prepare!"
"Delicious & simple - my two favorite things! :)"
"I was afraid the serving portion wouldn't be enough for my husband...so I doubled his. Whoops! This is sooo rich. A little bit goes a long way. :)"
"So rich, like fudge on a spoon, I get a spoon full out once a day: ) If the egg cooks, just push through a seive, or strainer."