Potluck Taco Salad
I found this recipe in an old school cookbook, and I've taken it to many potlucks since then. The layers look so pretty in a glass bowl. —Sandy Fynaardt, New Sharon, Iowa
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning, divided
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 cups crushed tortilla chips (about 8 ounces)
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Thousand Island salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons taco sauce
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until
- no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in 3 tablespoons
- taco seasoning.
- In a large bowl, layer beef mixture, lettuce, beans, onion, tomatoes,
- cheese and crushed chips. In a small bowl, mix salad dressing, taco
- sauce and remaining taco seasoning; serve with salad. Yield: 8
- servings (1 cup dressing).