- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning, divided
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 cups crushed tortilla chips (about 8 ounces)
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Thousand Island salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons taco sauce
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in 3 tablespoons taco seasoning.
- In a large bowl, layer beef mixture, lettuce, beans, onion, tomatoes, cheese and crushed chips. In a small bowl, mix salad dressing, taco sauce and remaining taco seasoning; serve with salad. Yield: 8 servings (1 cup dressing).
Reviews for Potluck Taco Salad
Sort By :
"Good, simple salad."
"Made this for supper tonight! Delicious, and went together so easily. Will definitely make again!"
"I pretty much do the same thing. I use refried beans, I add quaqamole (sp) and sour cream, and no dressing. I heat it up w/o the lettuce so the cheese and beans melt and heat up. I then add the lettuce. So good."
"I use black beans instead of kidney beans."
"I've made this for years now, but I would also add a layer of sliced, black olives and my dressing is equal parts of Thousand Island dressing and Mexican Salsa, sometime I would use corn chips instead of tortilla chips"