- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning, divided
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 cups crushed tortilla chips (about 8 ounces)
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Thousand Island salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons taco sauce
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in 3 tablespoons taco seasoning.
- In a large bowl, layer beef mixture, lettuce, beans, onion, tomatoes, cheese and crushed chips. In a small bowl, mix salad dressing, taco sauce and remaining taco seasoning; serve with salad. Yield: 8 servings (1 cup dressing).
Reviews for Potluck Taco Salad
"Good, simple salad."
"Made this for supper tonight! Delicious, and went together so easily. Will definitely make again!"
"I pretty much do the same thing. I use refried beans, I add quaqamole (sp) and sour cream, and no dressing. I heat it up w/o the lettuce so the cheese and beans melt and heat up. I then add the lettuce. So good."
"I use black beans instead of kidney beans."
"I've made this for years now, but I would also add a layer of sliced, black olives and my dressing is equal parts of Thousand Island dressing and Mexican Salsa, sometime I would use corn chips instead of tortilla chips"