I found this recipe in an old school cookbook, and I've taken it to many potlucks since then. The layers look so pretty in a glass bowl. —Sandy Fynaardt, New Sharon, Iowa
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning, divided
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 cups crushed tortilla chips (about 8 ounces)
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Thousand Island salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons taco sauce
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in 3 tablespoons taco seasoning.
- In a large bowl, layer beef mixture, lettuce, beans, onion, tomatoes, cheese and crushed chips. In a small bowl, mix salad dressing, taco sauce and remaining taco seasoning; serve with salad. Yield: 8 servings (1 cup dressing).
Originally published as Taco Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p63
Reviews for Potluck Taco Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review