- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning, divided
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 cups crushed tortilla chips (about 8 ounces)
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Thousand Island salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons taco sauce
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in 3 tablespoons taco seasoning.
- In a large bowl, layer beef mixture, lettuce, beans, onion, tomatoes, cheese and crushed chips. In a small bowl, mix salad dressing, taco sauce and remaining taco seasoning; serve with salad. Yield: 8 servings (1 cup dressing).
Reviews for Potluck Taco Salad
Sort By :
I added small can sliced black olives and Catalina dressing instead.
very yummy! The kids loved the dressing.
This is the same recipe that I have used for years and it is delicious! The salad dressing may seem a little strange, but it is actually really good. I usually add a little bit of sugar to the salad dressing-it doesn't make it sweet, it just adds a depth of flavor.
I've made this for years now - for my family, lunches for my colleagues, and parties. EVERYONE raves about it and wants the recipe. It't the sauce that makes it dfferent from any other taco salad. It's a surefire hit.
good tp wanna try this! without the kidney beans...
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Salads >
- Budget Dinner Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Budget Salad Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Salad Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Salad Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >