When I took this salad to a potluck dinner, several people asked me for the recipe. The sweet potatoes make it unique, and it really is delicious.
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled, cubed and cooked
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups light or regular mayonnaise
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in mayonnaise and pepper sauce. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Salad in Country October/November 1992, p49
Reviews for Potluck Sweet Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review