This colorful side dish is perfect for a potluck and a great way to use up your summer bounty of tomatoes and squash. The mild seasoning lets the garden-fresh flavor of the tender vegetables shine through.—Jen Stutts, Florence, Alabama
- 3 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, saute the squash, zucchini and onion in oil until crisp-tender. Add the mushrooms, tomato and garlic, saute 4-5 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
Originally published as Squash Medley in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2009
Reviews for Potluck Summer Squash and Zucchini Side Dish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review