Potluck Strawberry Trifle
This recipe is a great way to serve dessert to a crowd. Frozen pound cake, strawberries and whipped topping add to the ease of preparation for this trifle, which is made in a jelly roll pan.
—Celia Clark, New Tazewell, Tennessee
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 1 package (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 package (20 ounces) unsweetened frozen strawberries, thawed and halved
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Prepare pudding according to package directions; cool. Prepare
- gelatin according to package directions; refrigerate until partially
- set. Meanwhile, slice the pound cake into 26 pieces. Place in an
- ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Top with strawberries.
- Spoon gelatin over strawberries. Refrigerate until set.
- Carefully spread cooled pudding over gelatin (pan will be full).
- Carefully spread with whipped topping. Refrigerate until serving.
- Yield: 24-30 minutes.