I often take this hearty meal-in-one dish to potluck suppers at the community seniors' group my husband and I helped organize. It's delicious for sauerkraut lovers and easy to double for a larger crowd. —Reta Christensen, New Denmark, New Brunswick
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef and onion; drain. Add remaining
- ingredients; transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at
- 350° for 1 hour. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 170 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 594 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.