These ribs are guaranteed pleasers at potlucks. I always bring home an empty dish. —Sheri Kirkman, Lancaster, New York
- 6 pounds pork spareribs
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut ribs into serving-size pieces; place with the meaty side up on racks in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove racks; drain and return ribs to pans. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over ribs. Bake, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes or until sauce coats ribs, basting occasionally. Ribs can also be grilled over medium-hot heat for the last 30-40 minutes instead of baking. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Potluck Spareribs in Taste of Home April/May 1996, p37
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Potluck Spareribs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review