- 6 pounds pork spareribs
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut ribs into serving-size pieces; place with the meaty side up on racks in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove racks; drain and return ribs to pans. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over ribs. Bake, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes or until sauce coats ribs, basting occasionally. Ribs can also be grilled over medium-hot heat for the last 30-40 minutes instead of baking. Yield: 12 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Potluck Spareribs
"This is an amazing recipe. I have made this 3 times in the last month or so as it is highly requested. fall off the bone delicious!"
"This recipe is fantastic although it was a little too sweet for my family's taste so on my next try I will cut the brown sugar down to 1/2 cup. Also, I put the ribs in the crockpot for about 5 hours instead of baking them--so much easier."
"Very good, we've tried cooking the last 45 minutes on the grill or in the oven and both times had amazing results."
"Too sweet for our taste"
"My family loved this recipe. I had never made ribs before, and wanted to do them for our Memorial Day meal. They turned out so tasty and tender and have been asked to make again next weekend by my mother in law, who said she loved it so much, she dreamed about them last night. My husband liked them so much, he went back for seconds. We poured a bit of the sauce over the rice to make it more yummy."