- 6 pounds pork spareribs
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut ribs into serving-size pieces; place with the meaty side up on racks in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove racks; drain and return ribs to pans. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over ribs. Bake, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes or until sauce coats ribs, basting occasionally. Ribs can also be grilled over medium-hot heat for the last 30-40 minutes instead of baking. Yield: 12 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Potluck Spareribs
"Excellent!!! Made twice so far exactly as written (with the addition of a sprinkle of cayenne in the sauce) and loved by all. Forgot, I also decreased the sugar to 1/2 c."
"This is an amazing recipe. I have made this 3 times in the last month or so as it is highly requested. fall off the bone delicious!"
"This recipe is fantastic although it was a little too sweet for my family's taste so on my next try I will cut the brown sugar down to 1/2 cup. Also, I put the ribs in the crockpot for about 5 hours instead of baking them--so much easier."
"Very good, we've tried cooking the last 45 minutes on the grill or in the oven and both times had amazing results."
"Too sweet for our taste"