- 12 to 15 large fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces bulk Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Remove stems from the mushrooms. Chop stems finely; set mushroom caps aside. Place stems in paper towels and squeeze to remove any liquid.
- In a large skillet, heat 1-1/2 tablespoons butter. Cook stems and onion until tender. Add the lemon juice, basil, salt and pepper; cook until almost all the liquid has evaporated. Cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the mushroom mixture, sausage and parsley; stuff reserved mushroom caps. Combine crumbs and cheese; sprinkle over tops. Dot each with remaining butter.
- Place in a greased baking pan. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, basting occasionally with pan juices. Serve hot. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Potluck Sausage-Stuffed Mushrooms
Sort By :
"I used portabello mushroom caps and served these as an entree, with hollandaise sauce drizzled over the top. They were a huge hit."
"I'm thinking I would like to make this for a holiday gathering Hi flageolet, I would very much like to know the brand of sausage did you incorporate , was the Parmesan a quality aged like Asiago d'Allevo and what brand of bread crumbs did you used for this recipe?Thanks in advance:)"
"i am a seasoned cook and made these for superbowl, not good and i went exactly by the recipe"
"This recipe is wonderful and easy to follow. I used large portabella caps w/green onions and used sage sausage...NUMMY!! I was always intimated by recipies I've never tried before, but find you learn by trying!!"
"I made this tonite - delicious! Not that difficult to follow, and anyone that can cook should be flexible enough to adjust the recipe as needed.I would try using baby ports the next time as opposed to smaller white mushrooms.BTW, I can't believe that people would spend the T&E to bash other peoples' opinion regarding a recipe. Sorry it didn't work for them, but based on what I've read it worked for you. Get a life!"