Potluck Sausage-Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 12 to 15 large fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links or Ground Sausage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Remove stems from the mushrooms. Chop stems finely; set mushroom caps aside. Place stems in paper towels and squeeze to remove any liquid.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat 1-1/2 tablespoons butter. Cook stems and onion until tender. Add the lemon juice, basil, salt and pepper; cook until almost all the liquid has evaporated. Cool.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the mushroom mixture, sausage and parsley; stuff reserved mushroom caps. Combine crumbs and cheese; sprinkle over tops. Dot each with remaining butter.
- 4. Place in a greased baking pan. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, basting occasionally with pan juices. Serve hot. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 52 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 92 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.