Potluck Rice Pilaf Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 8 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 10 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a Dutch oven, melt butter. Add rice; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add water and bouillon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat; stir in the onions and soy sauce. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in almonds. Yield: 20-22 servings.
1/2 cup: 196 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 720mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Potluck Rice Pilaf
"There was an error in this recipe. The water amount should be 8 cups (not 16). It will be corrrected here soon. We apologize for the error.Taste of Home Test Kitchen"
"The water quantity on this cannot be right - 16 cups of water. I had to drain some of the water off, definitely not done in 15 min. Some help would be nice"
"I've been making this for about ten years now and I think it's delicious and wouldn't change a thing. It goes especially well as a side with the grilled pork chops recipe on this site that has soy sauce, lemon juice and brown sugar, etc. in the marinade."
"This is a good Chinese fried rice. I wouldn't call it "pilaf"."