A fun and tasty alternative to potatoes, this savory rice is a popular side dish at gatherings. I especially like its mild soy sauce flavor and flecks of green onion and toasted slivered almonds. -Annette Rodgers, Rosston, Arkansas
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 8 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 10 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a Dutch oven, melt butter. Add rice; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add water and bouillon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat; stir in the onions and soy sauce. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in almonds. Yield: 20-22 servings.
Originally published as Potluck Rice Pilaf in Taste of Home April/May 2000, p33
Reviews for Potluck Rice Pilaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review