Potluck Rice Pilaf Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 8 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 10 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds, toasted
- In a Dutch oven, melt butter. Add rice; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add water and bouillon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat; stir in the onions and soy sauce. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in almonds. Yield: 20-22 servings.
Reviews for Potluck Rice Pilaf(5)
Sort By :
There was an error in this recipe. The water amount should be 8 cups (not 16). It will be corrrected here soon. We apologize for the error.
Taste of Home Test Kitchen
The water quantity on this cannot be right - 16 cups of water. I had to drain some of the water off, definitely not done in 15 min. Some help would be nice
This has been a family favorite for the past 10 years! It is a great side dish to go along with the pineapple pepper chicken on this site. Great for feeding a large party. We love it!
I've been making this for about ten years now and I think it's delicious and wouldn't change a thing. It goes especially well as a side with the grilled pork chops recipe on this site that has soy sauce, lemon juice and brown sugar, etc. in the marinade.
This is a good Chinese fried rice. I wouldn't call it "pilaf".
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Rice Side Dish Recipes >
- Rice Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Recipes >