- until softened. Drain and rinse beans, discarding liquid. Return
- beans to Dutch oven; add the broth, garlic and bay leaves. Bring to
- a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/4 hours.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except rice. Cover and simmer 1 hour
- longer or until beans and vegetables are tender and sauce is
- thickened. Remove bay leaves. Serve over rice. Yield: 12 servings (3
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 160 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 604 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 10 g protein.