- 1-2/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- PUMPKIN FILLING:
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 can (30 ounces) pumpkin pie filling
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a small bowl, combine the crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. In a large saucepan, combine pie filling and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil. Add gelatin; stir until dissolved. Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into the eggs. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly.
- Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Cool for 10 minutes. Spread over cream cheese layer. Spread whipped topping over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Potluck Pumpkin Torte
"I had a friend who made this for my birthday. Ever since then I have loved it loved it!!!!!!??????"
"I have made this several times and everyone loves it. I garnish the top with crushed toasted pecans."
"I made this torte for my work potluck, and it was a huge hit!! I even had a co worker ask me to make one for her!! What a lovely recipe, so easy and good. Exactly what you need during the holidays"
"Made this several times, as is, tasting delicious, easy to make. Everyone liked it."
"I never buy pumpkin pie filling only pumpkin puree. Added pumpkin pie spice and didn't use all the evaporated milk called for. I also didn't put sugar in the crust as graham wafer crumbs are sweet enough without it. I agree with fam4th, always read through any recipe before you make it."
"My advice to others is first read the recipe just before making it! Especially note how much milk and pumpkin puree to add. And if you do what I did and use whole cans of pumpkin and evap milk, you'll then have to spend much time on rescuing the torte. I came through in the end, but it took too much time. Oh and remember that the recipe needs flavored pumpkin puree, not the plain."
"This was a really great dessert. Nice and light and very flavorful. I did let my pumpkin filling cool for quite a while and did not add my whipped topping until everything was totally cold. Makes a beautiful presentation."
"The pumpkin filling is odd. The gelatin type texture was just not right for pumpkin."
"This was really good despite the fact that I messed up & put in a full can of milk. I just added a little more gelatin. I also used canned pumpkin & I just added spices & sugar. It still came out great & everyone liked it. I will probably be making it for Thanksgiving."