- 1-2/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- PUMPKIN FILLING:
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 can (30 ounces) pumpkin pie filling
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a small bowl, combine the crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. In a large saucepan, combine pie filling and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil. Add gelatin; stir until dissolved. Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into the eggs. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly.
- Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Cool for 10 minutes. Spread over cream cheese layer. Spread whipped topping over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Potluck Pumpkin Torte
Sort By :
"My advice to others is first read the recipe just before making it! Especially note how much milk and pumpkin puree to add. And if you do what I did and use whole cans of pumpkin and evap milk, you'll then have to spend much time on rescuing the torte. I came through in the end, but it took too much time. Oh and remember that the recipe needs flavored pumpkin puree, not the plain."
"I have used a similar recipe, and wanted to give this a try. There was only one adjustment made to the recipe. I did add pumpkin pie spice to the filling. Everyone loved it at Thanksgiving and the dessert looked great!"
"This was a really great dessert. Nice and light and very flavorful. I did let my pumpkin filling cool for quite a while and did not add my whipped topping until everything was totally cold. Makes a beautiful presentation."
"The pumpkin filling is odd. The gelatin type texture was just not right for pumpkin."
"This was really good despite the fact that I messed up & put in a full can of milk. I just added a little more gelatin. I also used canned pumpkin & I just added spices & sugar. It still came out great & everyone liked it. I will probably be making it for Thanksgiving."