- 1-2/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- PUMPKIN FILLING:
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 can (30 ounces) pumpkin pie filling
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a small bowl, combine the crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. In a large saucepan, combine pie filling and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil. Add gelatin; stir until dissolved. Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into the eggs. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly.
- Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Cool for 10 minutes. Spread over cream cheese layer. Spread whipped topping over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Potluck Pumpkin Torte
"Ive made this twice now. It it is on my favorite list of pumpkin recipes. I do a thick gingersnap crust and for the pumpkin layer I just do one envelope of gelatin in a quarter cup of water and I use pure pumpkin not mix so add 1 1/4 c. sugar, 2 tsp of cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of ginger and 1/2 tsp of cloves. Everything else I follow the recipe. So good!!!"
"I had a friend who made this for my birthday. Ever since then I have loved it loved it!!!!!!??????"
"I have made this several times and everyone loves it. I garnish the top with crushed toasted pecans."
"I made this torte for my work potluck, and it was a huge hit!! I even had a co worker ask me to make one for her!! What a lovely recipe, so easy and good. Exactly what you need during the holidays"
"Made this several times, as is, tasting delicious, easy to make. Everyone liked it."
"My advice to others is first read the recipe just before making it! Especially note how much milk and pumpkin puree to add. And if you do what I did and use whole cans of pumpkin and evap milk, you'll then have to spend much time on rescuing the torte. I came through in the end, but it took too much time. Oh and remember that the recipe needs flavored pumpkin puree, not the plain."
"This was a really great dessert. Nice and light and very flavorful. I did let my pumpkin filling cool for quite a while and did not add my whipped topping until everything was totally cold. Makes a beautiful presentation."
"The pumpkin filling is odd. The gelatin type texture was just not right for pumpkin."