Potluck Potatoes Recipe
- 8 to 10 medium red potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), diced
- 2 slices bread, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. Place the unpeeled potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water; cook until tender but firm. Drain; cut potatoes into 1-in. cubes. Transfer to an ungreased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. Add pimientos, onion, garlic salt and onion salt; toss gently. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with bread cubes; drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until bread is toasted. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 cup: 227 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 554mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Potluck Potatoes
"I made this yesterday for a potluck and it was a standout. I hate to be one who tells all the revisions to the recipe I made and then go on to rate the 'recipe' I didn't follow, but I think this would be great as is or as a base. I used fresh red peppers out of my garden rather than pimientos and sauted the onions before adding them. I also added ground black pepper before tossing and layered the cheese with the potatoes in the dish."