Potluck Potato-Stuffing Casserole Recipe
This treasured family recipe provides the goodness of potatoes and stuffing in every forkful. We look forward to it every Thanksgiving.
- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 5 medium onions, finely chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon each dried savory, thyme and marjoram
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (14 ounces) seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup chicken or turkey broth
- 1. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onions and celery in butter for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Stir in seasonings; set aside.
- 2. Drain potatoes; mash in a large bowl. Stir in stuffing cubes. Stir in the vegetable mixture and enough broth to reach desired moistness.
- 3. Transfer to two greased shallow 2-qt. baking dishes (dishes will be full). Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. This dressing is best served as a side dish, rather than stuffed into poultry. Yield: 17 cups.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 219 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 588 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC