Potluck Potato Cheese Casserole Recipe
This rich, flavorful side dish is a Christmas tradition at our house. Plain potatoes are the start, but they get dressed up with a creamy cheese sauce and colorful ingredients like peppers and chives. —Jane Luzem, Green Bay, Wisconsin
- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 to 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup minced chives
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain potatoes and mash. Add the cream cheese, butter, milk, salt and pepper; mix well. Stir in the green pepper, cheeses, chives and pimientos.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until browned and heated through. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 209 calories, 13 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 341 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC