This rich, flavorful side dish is a Christmas tradition at our house. Plain potatoes are the start, but they get dressed up with a creamy cheese sauce and colorful ingredients like peppers and chives. —Jane Luzem, Green Bay, Wisconsin
- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 to 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup minced chives
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain potatoes and mash. Add the cream cheese, butter, milk, salt and pepper; mix well. Stir in the green pepper, cheeses, chives and pimientos.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until browned and heated through. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Potato Cheese Casserole in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1997, p29
Reviews for Potluck Potato Cheese Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review