Potluck Potato Cheese Casserole Recipe
- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 to 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup minced chives
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain potatoes and mash. Add the cream cheese, butter, milk, salt and pepper; mix well. Stir in the green pepper, cheeses, chives and pimientos.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until browned and heated through. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Potluck Potato Cheese Casserole
Sort By :
Loved these potatoes but I felt the green pepper was a little over powering and would rather use red or yellow pepper to cut down the pepper taste.
are these fluffy and light?
I agree leave out the green pepper, this is a very good recipe I will keep makeing it.
I was first served these potatoes at a "Mother & Daughter Banquet" about 5 years ago, Loved them!! They were presented as Calico Potatoes. I haven't made them for several years, thanks for the reminder. I plan on making them again real soon. Yummy!!!
This is a colorful mashed potato dish with good flavor, but my personal preference would be to omit the green peppers next time.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >