Potluck Pasta Soup Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 8 cups water
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 1-1/2 cups diced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1. In a stockpot, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the water, tomatoes, carrots, celery, onion, green pepper, tomato sauce, soup mix, sugar and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour.
- 2. Stir in macaroni and beans; heat through. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 20 servings (5 quarts).
1 cup: 136 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 376mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Potluck Pasta Soup
"Everyone who has this soup loves it!!! Great for serving family and friends."
"This IS a great soup for a potluck! It makes a huge amount. I like that it is loaded with so many vegetables. I only gave it 4 stars because the taste was a bit bland, but overall its a good recipe for a crowd.Update: I played around with this recipe--the bland taste was really bugging me. I added red cayenne pepper, more black pepper and garlic salt. It really helped."