- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 8 cups water
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 1-1/2 cups diced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- In a stockpot, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the water, tomatoes, carrots, celery, onion, green pepper, tomato sauce, soup mix, sugar and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour.
- Stir in macaroni and beans; heat through. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 20 servings (5 quarts).
Originally published as Potluck Pasta Soup in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p151
Reviews for Potluck Pasta Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review