- 1 package (1/4 ounce) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1/3 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°), divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 5-1/2 to 6 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar in 1/2 cup water. Add the butter, eggs, milk powder, salt, 3 cups flour and remaining sugar and water. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Punch dough down. Divide into 27 pieces; shape into balls. Place 18 balls in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan and remaining balls in a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 27 rolls.
Reviews for Potluck Pan Rolls
Sort By :
"Delicious but easy yeast roll recipe. It was a hit with my family and friends!"
"My husbands new favorite roll."
"I thought I'd never find this recipe. I lost mine, and I was typing the name in wrong. This is the best recipe I have ever tried for rolls."
"I have made 2 batches of these rolls every Thanksgiving and Christmas since 1999. I was just beginning to make homemade rolls and these seemed very easy to make. The first batch is made on Tuesday before Thanksgiving, because I know my family cannot wait until Thanksgiving for these delicious yeast rolls. Definitely a keeper!"