Potluck Mushroom Rice Recipe
Once a week at work, we'd hold potluck dinners. A co-worker brought this dish, and I left with the recipe. It's very versatile because you can add different seasoning to suit your tastes.— Yvonne Taylor, Robstown, Texas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Cook: 30 min. YIELD:12-14 servings
- 3 cups water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (6 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water and bouillon to a boil. Add rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, green pepper, mushrooms and celery until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soups, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and cooked rice.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish (dish will be full). Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 222 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 540 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC