Potluck Meatballs Recipe
More Potluck Appetizers »
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in batches; drain.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine cornstarch and consomme until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Boil for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Pour over the meatballs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until no longer pink. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
3 meatballs with sauce: 117 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 477mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 11g protein
Reviews for Potluck Meatballs
"Tasty and most importantly, approved by the husband. =)"
"I added a cup of rice under my meatballs and doubled the liquid (but not the corn starch). It came out awesome! I will definiately be making this again."
"Beef consomme comes out more like condensed cream of chicken soup. Not a lot of water in it..like beef broth. You will find it next to the soups."
"What is the difference between condensed beef consomme and beef broth?"