- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in batches; drain.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine cornstarch and consomme until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Boil for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour over the meatballs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until no longer pink. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Potluck Meatballs in Taste of Home December/January 1999, p33
Reviews for Potluck Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 21, 2014
"Tasty and most importantly, approved by the husband. =)"
Reviewed May. 18, 2013
"I added a cup of rice under my meatballs and doubled the liquid (but not the corn starch). It came out awesome! I will definiately be making this again."