- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in batches; drain.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine cornstarch and consomme until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Boil for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour over the meatballs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until no longer pink. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Potluck Meatballs
"Tasty and most importantly, approved by the husband. =)"
"I added a cup of rice under my meatballs and doubled the liquid (but not the corn starch). It came out awesome! I will definiately be making this again."
"What is the difference between condensed beef consomme and beef broth?"