- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 package (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1-3/4 cups whole milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Cook macaroni according to package directions for al dente; drain. Transfer to a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cook, covered, on low 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads at least 160°, stirring once. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Potluck Macaroni and Cheese
Sort By :
"Thick and creamy.. But not a lot of flavor. Relatively expensive to make"
"I made this for a family reunion and it was a hit! I made just two "tweaks" to the recipe: I used four cups of the Mexican cheese blend instead of two of it and two of the shredded white cheddar (because my small-town grocery store didn't have the latter) and I used 2% milk because that's what I had on-hand.The flavor and creaminess were wonderful! It got rave reviews by the kids and adults alike, and I had several requests for the recipe...including one from my college-bound niece who is a mac & cheese fanatic. She's starting to build her cooking repertoire and wants to be able to make this whenever the mood strikes!"
"Really easy crockpot recipe, especially for pot lucks. I used Mexican style velvetta for my big Mexican family ! Added a can of rotel , and of course chopped cooked bacon, cuz everything's better with bacon ! ????. Everyone from 1 to 92 loved, loved, loved it. One of my go to recipes now for big get togethers with family and friends !!"
"Made this last night for a bbq steak supper for a few buddies. Only change made was to add some coarsely chopped onion towards the end of cooking the macaroni, and only because we all love onions. Definitely the best mac and cheese I have ever made, and only 5 guys made short work of it all. A couple never finished their steak or corn on the cob, just to have more of it. A real keeper for me. Thanks so much!!!"
"This recipe has become a tradition in the family. I'm always giving out the recipe. I have used up to two boxes of elbow pasta and it's still creamy cheesy. BEST EVER!"