Potluck Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1-1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley and garlic; remove from the heat.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer three noodles, half of the cottage cheese mixture, 1 cup mozzarella cheese and half of the meat sauce. Repeat layers.
- 3. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months. Or, cover and bake 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
- 4. To use frozen lasagna: Thaw in refrigerator overnight. Bake as directed. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 238 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 552 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.