Potluck Hot Dish Recipe
This is my favorite dish to pass at potlucks. The down-home ingrdients make it a guaranteed crown=pleaser. The recipe is often requested, and I never hesitate to share it.—.Dorothy Friez, McLaughlin, South Dakota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour YIELD:10-12 servings
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow or ring macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 2 cans (11-1/2 ounces each) condensed chicken with rice soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Seasoned salt to taste
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook meat, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in macaroni, corn, soups and seasonings.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. Cover and bake 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 301 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 781 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC