Potluck German Apple Cake Recipe
My mother made this cake for me and my brothers during our childhood. It's excellent any time of the year for potlucks or picnics. —Edie DeSpain, Logan, Utah
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well. Fold in apples and nuts. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter. Add confectioners' sugar, beating until smooth. Spread over cake. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 455 calories, 24 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Potluck German Apple Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC