- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well. Fold in apples and nuts. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter. Add confectioners' sugar, beating until smooth. Spread over cake. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Potluck German Apple Cake
Sort By :
"I created an account to leave a review for this specific recipe! Needed to use up a bunch of Granny Smith apples and came across this. Read the prior reviews , so decreased sugar to 1.5 cups and didn't use the frosting. This is an extremely delicious cake. Not too sweet, very moist, and easy to prepare. Definitely a keeper! Thanks for sharing!"
"Very good. I used granny smith apples. Nice and moist and tastes excellent. I didn't do the cream cheese frosting. I sprinkled powdered sugar on the top."
"Very moist and delicious!!! You will not regret making this! I use Macintosh apples, and they soften up very nicely!!!"
"Love it! It's a crowd hit!"
"This cake was so delicious! I didn't make the frosting however, and simply drizzled a simple glaze over the top."