- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well. Fold in apples and nuts. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter. Add confectioners' sugar, beating until smooth. Spread over cake. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Potluck German Apple Cake
Sort By :
"Sounds delish but I have a question. It says it serves 12-16. Do the nutrition facts apply to a 1/12 or 1/16 size serving?"
"This one was made many time by Gramma. Sometime you can use Store Brand or Generic Cream Cheese instead of the ore expensive Name Brand. Beware, you will need to buy more blocks if you try to skimp on the price of Name Brand."
"Make this as written or don't review and rate it with your own play on it. Less of this, more of that or any other changes is really unfair to the cook who posted the recipe. Post your own recipe if you changed the recipe and see if it gets published. Otherwise...rate & review it as is. I think this was awesome!"
"I created an account to leave a review for this specific recipe! Needed to use up a bunch of Granny Smith apples and came across this. Read the prior reviews , so decreased sugar to 1.5 cups and didn't use the frosting. This is an extremely delicious cake. Not too sweet, very moist, and easy to prepare. Definitely a keeper! Thanks for sharing!"