Light and creamy, this tasty fruit salad gets gobbled up with gusto at every gathering. I can count on taking home an empty bowl.—Fran Du Bay, Corrales, New Mexico
Featured In: 15 Make-Ahead Salad Recipes
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 3 pints fresh strawberries, sliced
- 6 cups green grapes
- 6 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 6 kiwifruit, peeled, halved and sliced
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a large saucepan, combine sugar and flour. Stir in the orange juice, lemon juice and reserved pineapple juice. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Cool to room temperature, stirring several times, about 20 minutes. Fold in whipped topping. In a large bowl, combine strawberries, grapes, bananas, kiwi and pineapple. Add dressing; toss. Serve immediately. Yield: 30 servings.
Originally published as Potluck Fruit Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2001, p54
Reviews for Potluck Fruit Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2011
"This is one of the best fruit salads ever. Easy to make and everyone enjoys it."