Potluck Fruit Cocktail Cake Recipe
This is a moist yummy dessert with bits of fruit inside and a crunchy brown sugar-walnut mixture on top. It's perfect for potlucks.—James Patterson, Spokane, Washington
- 5 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) fruit cocktail
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1. Drain fruit cocktail, reserving the syrup; set aside. In a several large bowls, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add syrup to dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in fruit cocktail. Pour into four greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes.
- 2. Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 4 cakes (16 servings each).
1 piece: 179 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 216mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Potluck Fruit Cocktail Cake
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC