Potluck Fried Chicken Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3 to 4 pounds each), cut up
- Oil for frying
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, cornmeal, cornstarch, salt, paprika, oregano, sage and pepper. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and water. Dip chicken in egg mixture; place in the bag, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry chicken, a few pieces at a time, for 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden and crispy.
- Place in two ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 12 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Potluck Fried Chicken
Sort By :
"Just found this recipe - it looks delicious! I like the idea of using the boneless skinless strips. @safetysu - where do you see the nutrition information? Fried foods are going to have more calories, but you can eliminate some of it by modifying the recipe - don't use the skin, bake on top of rack, etc."
"I would bake this on a rack after frying as the bottom of the chicken got a little soggy from the grease. Otherwise, it was awesome! We didn't mind the oregano and sage so I kept the recipe the same."
"It is too yummy and delicious."
"My family would have liked this better if it didn't have the sage. I did like the crispy texture of the chicken."
"Would just like to ask why there are so many calories for one serving when people want to lose weight they can't have any of this."