I first tasted this recipe at a potluck dinner. It's become one of the desserts I like to serve at Thanksgiving and other fall get-togethers.
- 7-1/2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 5 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, cranberries and sugar. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, flour, pecans and salt; stir in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apple mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Apple Crisp in Country Extra November 2003, p51
Reviews for Potluck Cranberry Apple Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review