Potluck Cordon Bleu Casserole Recipe
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, ham and cheese; set aside. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add flour; stir until blended. Gradually add cream, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the dill, mustard and nutmeg. Remove from the heat and pour over meat mixture.
- 2. Spoon into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, butter and dill. Stir in cheese and walnuts. Sprinkle over casserole.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
1 each: 421 calories, 24g fat (13g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 848mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 32g protein.
Reviews for Potluck Cordon Bleu Casserole
"Love this recipe! It's good also with shredded Swiss cheese! Great when it's cold outside!!"
"I have made this recipe for years, and it's always a hit. Great for Thanksgiving leftovers."
"So good, tasted like an Easter dish and I'll definitely be using Easter leftover ham and making this again! Husband and kids gave it thumbs up!"
"Excellent. I do not change a thing!"
"This is the best dish. I've been making it every year, shortly after Thanksgiving, for at least 10 years. My Aunt Janet always bakes a ham AND cooks a turkey for Thanksgiving, and she always insists that I bring home leftovers of both. I use them to make this casserole every single time (although I've also roasted turkeys and baked hams just so I would have leftovers for this dish, lol!) I rarely made the same dish twice, but I just keep going back to this one. The walnuts on top, and the dill make it so good."