Potluck Cordon Bleu Casserole Recipe
Whenever I'm invited to attend a potluck, people usually ask me to bring this tempting casserole. The turkey, ham and cheese are delectable combined with the crunchy topping. When I bake a turkey, I prepare the leftovers for this dish, knowing I'll be making it again soon. -Joyce Paul, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, ham and cheese; set aside. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add flour; stir until blended. Gradually add cream, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the dill, mustard and nutmeg. Remove from the heat and pour over meat mixture.
- 2. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, butter and dill. Stir in cheese and walnuts. Sprinkle over casserole.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 421 calories, 24 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 122 mg cholesterol, 848 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC