- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, ham and cheese; set aside. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add flour; stir until blended. Gradually add cream, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the dill, mustard and nutmeg. Remove from the heat and pour over meat mixture.
- Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, butter and dill. Stir in cheese and walnuts. Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Potluck Cordon Bleu Casserole
Sort By :
"I have made this recipe for years, and it's always a hit. Great for Thanksgiving leftovers."
"I absolutely love this recipe. It is quick and easy and is just fantastic. A great way to use up those Thanksgiving leftovers."
"So good, tasted like an Easter dish and I'll definitely be using Easter leftover ham and making this again! Husband and kids gave it thumbs up!"
"Excellent. I do not change a thing!"
"I forgot to add that I used the 2 cans of cream of chicken soup and 1/2 can of skim milk instead of the butter, flour and half and half to lighten it up and it worked fabulously well!"