- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/4 to 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 to 5 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. In a large bowl, combine the egg, melted butter, sugar, salt, yeast mixture and 1-1/2 cups flour; beat on medium speed for 3 minutes or until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Meanwhile, combine brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Punch dough down. Divide in half. Roll each portion into a 12-in. square. Spread each with softened butter; sprinkle with brown sugar mixture. Fold each square into thirds. Cut widthwise into 1-in.-wide strips. Twist each strip 2-3 times and place in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Cover and let rise until almost doubled.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. Whisk glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over twists. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Potluck Cinnamon Roll Twists in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p223
Reviews for Potluck Cinnamon Roll Twists
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review