Potluck Cherry Compote
I've made this pretty gelatin salad--loaded with fruit and berries--for potluck suppers and to serve following our ladies' Bible classes. You can vary the fruit and use sugar-free gelatin if you prefer.
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cherry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pear halves, drained and cut into chunks
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled, sectioned and chopped
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries, thawed
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in the
- strawberries until thawed. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a 4-qt. serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4
- hours before serving. Yield: 24 servings.